Week 9 - Wikis and Rollyo
The more I have become involved with this course on Web 2 technologies the more I see so many possibilities developing and my confidence in exploring it all is increasing at a great rate.
I can even state I am enjoying it all!! If I learn nothing more in the forthcoming weeks I feel like it has still been a great experience....however I am sure I am going to learn heaps more.
I have explored the many wikis listed in the course and found it all fascinating. It took a little while for the penny to drop that one needed a special programme to create a wiki. I explored wikispaces which is easy to use and the most important aspect is that there is no software to install. This really helps if I am thinking of using a wiki at work. Wiki are an increadibly useful tool for the sharing of information with both clients and staff. I belong to a Rehabilitation Librarians Group and one of our members has created a wiki in increase our communication possibilities...brilliant!
I have registered with Rollyo and created a search roll with my favourite rehabilitation and aged aged care sites. It is usefull to have all those URLs on Rollyo. My main feeling to this is that I need to do a lot more exploring. I plan to try and put a link to my Rollyo in my blog......I will keep you posted.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've just had a quick look at the Wilis and Rollyo. There is indeed a lot to learn, I also wondered about how to create a wiki, will have a look at wikispaces and see how I go..I'm enjoying the couses but find it a bit difficult actually finding the time, my home computer has died and I have to catch a few precious moments at work..
ReplyDelete